While everyone is screaming about the economy, I prefer to help people find ways of feeling better. Interestingly, I do this all the time, it’s just that now that “times are tough,” I seem to have a larger audience. Here are 21 ways to enjoy your time this weekend that won’t cost anything.
- Sleep late, and enjoy it (instead of feeling guilty.)
- Give each pet, child, spouse, sibling, parent, and other significant persons in your life one hour of your complete, undivided attention. Play with them; ask them about their day/life, and really listen.
- Read a motivational book.
- Read something just for fun – your favorite prose. Or catch up on that pile of magazines. Enjoy the time, realizing that it is your intent to spend this time this way.
- Create a list of things you love. (The way you feel afterward will explain why I’ve included it here.)
- Take a nice, long, warm bath or shower.
- Dance to your favorite music for one hour – pretend it’s a marathon.
- Work on or create your Personal Strategic Plan.
- Think about something in your life you would like to change, trusting that there is an answer. Now take a nap and let your subconscious work on a solution.
- Pretend that for now you work for yourself - you are self-employed. You have complete control over your time, effort and energy. What do you want to create right this minute?
- Organize an area of your home.
- Plan your meals for the next week. Perhaps there is a certain diet you’d like to try, or you’d like to start cooking more from scratch. You have all those cookbooks and diet plans – put them to use!
- Create a list of all the good things in your life right now.
- Catch up on all your laundry and ironing.
- Give the house a good cleaning and airing out.
- Spend time getting to know one of your neighbors.
- Visualize your life as you would like it to be. Write it out.
- Work out. You don’t have to join a gym. Go for a vigorous walk, jog, play a game of basketball, dance, whatever you love to do – just give your body the motion it craves.
- Rest. Work hard, play hard, and you will rest well. Get organized and in control and you will have peace of mind that will allow your mind to rest as well. Try it; you’ll be glad you did!
Until next time,
Remember - I’ve added a special value to one of my upcoming presentations: everyone who signs up for my “Eliminate Clutter and Organize Your Life” webinar through TheSelfHelpSchool.com will receive a free copy of the e-book. Use the ad below and register today!
Get Inspired! What do you want to create? Wake Up and Create the Life You Want: A Guide to Self-Empowerment has helped hundreds of people create the life of their dreams. You can read their stories here. If you choose the downloadable version, it comes with my free report on “The Science of Getting Rich.”
Get Organized! Learn the secrets of getting and staying motivated and organized with the Eliminate Clutter and Organize Your Life E-book. This inspiring book gives you step-by-step instructions for getting control of every area of your life. Click here for the table of contents and to purchase.
***Please Note: All transactions are processed through PayPal, but you can use Visa, MC, AMEX, or Discover.
This post was written by Debra Moorhead, Motivation, Education, Inspiration on October 17, 2008