It is a well-known fact that whatever you dwell upon grows in your reality. You create your entire world by the things you choose to think about and how you choose to think about them.
It just so happens that wealthy, successful people fill their minds with thoughts, words, pictures and images of wealth, affluence, success, productivity and solutions to problems in the marketplace, most of the time. These thoughts trigger the reticular activating cortex, the part of the brain that makes you more alert and sensitive to things that you have decided are important to you.
Today I’d like to share with you four key ways I have found to turn my thoughts consistently toward wealth.
- Activate Your Reticular Cortex For example, if you decide to invest in a mutual fund, you will start to see news and information about mutual funds everywhere. Mentions in newspapers and magazines will jump out at you. These notices have always been there but now you have sensitized your brain to pick them up and draw them to your attention with far greater frequency and vividness. This is the function and power of your reticular cortex.
- Avoid Poverty Thinking On the other hand, what do poor people think about most of the time? Unfortunately, poor people fill their minds with thoughts of scarcity, lack, poverty, being unable to afford things. They are always thinking and talking about how little money they have, how much things cost and how they wish things could be better financially. What they think about most of the time is how little money they have.
- Think Like Wealthy People Think Wealthy people from an early age think about how much they have, how much they want and all the different things they can do to acquire and earn the money and things they desire.
- Find Out How Rich People Think Here’s a rule for you. If you want to become successful, find out what failures do and don’t do it. If you want to be wealthy, find out what poor people think about, and avoid thinking in those ways. Instead, find out how wealthy people think. Find out what they read. Find out how they spend their time. Study their lives, read their stories and autobiographies and listen to their words when they are interviewed and on tape. The more you find out what financially successful people think and talk about most of the time, and do the same things, the more rapidly you will enjoy the same rewards that they do. You’ll find this much more interesting than watching the daily news!
Here are three things you can do to put these concepts into action:
- Make a decision today that from now on you will think and talk only about the financial success that you desire. At the same time, you will refuse to talk about or dwell upon your financial problems.
- Instead of saying, “I can’t afford it,” instead ask the question, “How can I afford it?” When you think of something that you want or need that you don’t have the money for at the time, the only question you ask is, “How?” How can you get it? What can you do to achieve it? What are your options? How can you get from where you are to where you want to go? This type of attitude will change your life.
- Sign up for my free report on “The Science of Getting Rich,” which discusses in further detail how wealthy people think and control their thoughts. It comes with the original text, written by Wallace D. Wattles, and my 10 best success “secrets.”
Until next time,
This post was written by Debra Moorhead, Motivation, Education, Inspiration on February 9, 2009